Sunday, August 13, 2017

P-I-Z-Z-A!

A while back {like, a year and a half ago} I posted about homemade pizza dough, but never had the pizza I made to go along with it! Don't worry, I'm getting better at remembering to take pictures while I cook! 

Today's a treat, because I have not one, not two, but 3 different pizzas made using this DELICIOUS dough. Although, only 1 of them is detailed. The others are pictures I managed to take after pulling them out of the oven on family pizza night.




If you haven't yet, head over to my pizza dough post and check out the recipe. You can find it here.


The first delicious pizza I have is my all time favorite! Tomato Basil with alfredo sauce. Of course, in Busy Bre fashion, I have yet to photograph my alfredo recipe. I'll have to remember that for next time. Maybe next weekend!

Any who, this pizza recipe is SO EASY! You can make the alfredo sauce from scratch like I do, or just buy a jar of your favorite {not as fun, but less expensive!}

Alfredo Sauce:
1 stick butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded parmesan
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper (more or less to taste)

1. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Make sure to stir so butter does not burn.
2. Whisk in heavy cream until butter and cream are mixed together.
3. Sprinkle in parmesan cheese until melted
4. Add white pepper to taste

That's it! Super easy sauce recipe, right? If it's too cheesy for you, add a half a cup more heavy cream. You can use black pepper, but I like an all white sauce.


The best part about my tomato basil pizza is that I get my tomato and basil from my garden! The only topping I have to buy are mozzarella balls.


After you've rolled out your dough {which you can do with a wine bottle if you don't have a rolling pin}, brush olive oil  across the top of the dough. {You can never go wrong with extra virgin, but for a little added flavor, toss some olive oil in a pan with a teaspoon or 2 of minced garlic and let it simmer for about 10 minutes, yum!} Once your crust is oiled, pop it in the oven in 450 for 5-10 minutes. Just keep an eye on it for your desired crunchiness. But keep in mind, your pizza will be going back in the oven to melt your cheese.


See those cracks in my crust? Never fails I have to slit open some dough bubbles during baking. Tastes just as good! Now you're ready to sauce and cheese this puppy! While your saucing and cheesing, turn the oven down just a hair to 375.


I like to let my mozzarella melt before I add the other toppings. This goes in the oven at 375 until that cheesy goodness it melted, which is about 6 minutes. While the cheese it melting down, you can start slicing your tomato.


Now it's time for the toppings! Scatter the tomato and basil over your pizza and add more mozzarella if needed. I put 2 more balls on there. The cheesier the better! Place it back in the 375 oven for a few more minutes and ...


 Voila! Munchie time! While this should last me 2 meals, I can usually eat the whole thing in one sitting. At least it has veggies!


If you're a meat eater, or just want more of a variety, change up your sauce {jarred pizza sauce works} and topping to make the ultimate pie!






What are some of your favorite pizza toppings? Comment below and let me know!

Happy cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment