Friday, August 25, 2017

2017 - 2018 Classroom Reveal!

I have been anxiously awaiting the chance to enter my new classroom all summer! This week, I got to and I got to see what my new space looked like! This past week was filled with early mornings, late nights, and lots of coffee. I'm so glad that my mom was able to take off 3 days this week to help me move in and my brother was able to come up a couple times and help move heavy boxes and hang things from the ceiling. This was THE quickest move in and set up I've had to do to date!

The before, with a few boxes the previous teacher still had to move out.


She also left me a sweet little note after moving the last of her things out! I'm so glad to be back home :)
  

In between my desk and the student computers, I have a chill area with pillows, 2 little teal rugs I got from Walmart, my student rocking chair, and chevron canvas bag of stuffed animals. The kids can sit there to do independent work on clipboards or to do independent reading when they are finished with other classwork.



Yes, those flowers on my desk are dried, but they're my Maid of Honor flowers from my best friend, Jessica's wedding! I've made sure to leave plenty of room on my board for student letters and artwork. Once I find the artwork box I packed up, I can put some of my past student's work on the cabinets and wall by my desk and fill in some of that white space!


Most of the student's math manipulatives are housed on this shelf at the back of the room for easy access. Those paper stands on top of the shelf are used to hang directions in the middle of the table so everyone can see easier.































There's still a few things to do before the kids arrive on Monday, but it's looking pretty good!

Have an amazing 2017 - 2018 school year and happy teaching!


No comments:

Post a Comment