Sunday, February 7, 2016

Homemade Pizza Dough!

Being single and having virtually no one to cook for means either having to adapt a recipe, eat the same time for an entire week unless you let it go bad, or just make your own version from scratch. I prefer to make my own from scratch. And that's exactly what I choose to do when it comes to things like pizza! Here's my recipe for homemade pizza dough!




For me, making pizza dough for the first time was a little intimidating because of the kneading. I just new I was going to knead some help in that department. But, it was surprisingly simple and not the least bit terrifying once I got the hang of it! Making pizza dough is SUPER easy.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/8 teaspoon yeast
1/2 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup warm water

*keep in mind this is half of what a recipe usually calls for since I don't need a whole lot of dough!

P.S. how CUTE are these 1 cup prep bowls I got at the Dollar Tree!? They wee a pack of 4 for a $1.

Start off by letting the yeast dissolve in the warm water. It doesn't take too long, just a few minutes. 


It will look foamy like this when it's ready.



Next, add in the rest of your ingredients. Oil, salt, sugar, and flour.




I like to keep about 1/4 cup flour off to the side in case I need a little extra.

Start kneading! A stand mixer is a LOT easier, but my little one-butt kitchen doesn't allow for that.



After kneading for 5 - 10 minutes, you'll end up with a ball of dough. Cover it up and place it in a warm place to allow it to rise.

I like to cover mine with a towel and stick it in the oven (OFF) or microwave since it's so cold here. Let it rise for about 30 minutes, until it has doubled in size, then punch it down. Do this twice.


 Once you've let it rise and punched it down a couple times, it's ready to use! I like to use mine to make pizza, garlic knots, bread sticks and calzones. Mmm.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment