Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Devilicious Eggs

One of the dishes I'm responsible for during the holidays is deviled eggs. I usually make a dozen and a half and that never seems to be enough! The good thing about deviled eggs is they don't take too long and they aren't hard to do. Here's my recipe for my Devilicious Eggs!





Ingredients:
18 eggs
1/4 cup mustard
1 cup mayonnaise
2 dill relish
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
Paprika (optional)


Place eggs in a pot of cold water on the stove. Bring water to a boil, then remove from heat. I like to let my eggs sit for about 15 minutes, then pour out the warm water and replace it with cold water and grab one egg at a time to peel them. Cut your eggs in half, length wise and scoop the yolks into a medium sized bowl.



Now get to smashing those yolks! A whisk works best for me, but a fork works, too. Smash the yolks as much as you can. The smaller, the better!




Once your yolks are good and smashed, mix in the mayonnaise, mustard, relish, sugar, salt and pepper. 


You can either spoon the filling mixture into the egg whites or do what I like to do ... use a baggie and squirt it in!


Spoon the mixture into a quart sized bag (unless you're making a larger batch) and snip the tip off one of the tips so you will be able to squeeze the mixture into the egg yolks.


Squeeze the mixture from the bag into each of the egg whites. We like a lot of filling in ours to where it's almost overflowing.


And voila! There you have it! Some scrum-diddly-uptious deviled eggs! I like to make these during Dr. Seuss week in my classroom, too. We dye the filling green before we squeeze it back into our eggs whites. Yum! :)


Click here to download a copy of my Devilicious Egg recipe!



Happy cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment