Sunday, February 7, 2016

Pizza Bites!

A couple of weeks ago I went grocery shopping. I'm not sure why considering I knew I was going to spend most of my time at school with no time to cook! Yesterday I remembered all this produce I had that needed to get cooked and eaten ASAP before it went bad! I love making French bread and pizza dough and had all these veggies ... so pizza bites it was! and they were gooooooood.




I like to make my dough from scratch, but you buy dough that's already made like Pillsbury pizza dough or even crescent rolls. If you like making pizza dough, here's one I use and I like the way it turns out.



Ingredients:
Pizza Dough
Flour for dusting
Your pizza ingredients! Here's what I used:
Mushrooms
Red Bell Pepper
Black Olives
6 Cheese Italian Blend


Roll out your dough and cut it into a square. I used the top of one of my Christmas tins to get my square shape.


Fill the square of dough with your ingredients. I sandwiched my veggies in between cheese to make it suuuuuper cheesy.


Fold the corners over to create a ball, sealing the corners so none of the filling spills out.



Place pizza pockets into an oiled cast iron skillet. Brush the tops of the pockets with olive oil or melted butter.




I had some dough left over, but not enough filling so I made garlic knots with my remaining dough. Roll the dough out to make a "snake", then tie it like a knot. That easy!




Once the knots are finished, toss or dip them in melted garlic butter and sprinkle with parsley.



Dinner is served! Mmm. So good!

Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment