Sunday, July 14, 2019

I'm back with a new look!

Wow! I've been out of the blogging loop for a while! After moving, and being in a new grade level, I became so swamped I just couldn't find the time to keep up with uploads and blogging! So now you have to deal with the millions of photos I've taken over the last 2 years but have yet to upload. :)

The blog also got a little update!


I literally woke up this morning and thought "Hmmm, I fee like doing some designing". So the blog was tweaked and updated! New header, fonts, signature, and page set ups! I really went all out on this today. Thanks summer!


My old blog header was perfect for when I taught kindergarten and to appeal (I think) to other younger primary educators. I LOVED making the Busy Little Bre header 5 or so years ago. BUT, it was time for something a little more updated.


I think the new header looks fresher and more vibrant than before! I'm loving the color scheme I chose. I've been stuck on this sunrise palette lately with hues of gold, orange, and pink.


My fonts were chunky and seemingly outdated. I felt like my background was too vector-y, and my side backgrounds were too solid since they had to be dark enough to block out the honeycomb background.

I created a new background that's softer and cleaner. Those sidebars got an update, too! With transparent backgrounds and new fonts, I think it looks MUCH better than before!

On the old page, each category had a drop down menu that took you to a page where hyperlinks were housed for each category. Just hyperlinks. Words. Nothing else.

The new page feature gallery style photos that are more appealing than just the hyperlinks from before.


I also made new blog buttons to go with the new color scheme!

Old buttons


New buttons

And last but not least, I have a new signature! Instead of the cute little queen bee that went with my blog name's play on words, I opted for a simple heart and signature that you can now see on the bottom of every post!

Now I can hopefully get back to updating and uploading pictures on a somewhat regular basis!

As always, happy blogging!




No comments:

Post a Comment