Thursday, July 20, 2017

My Crazy Summer!


Hello all! I haven't had my typical teacher summer this year. That is to say, I haven't really had off  this summer to work on too many teacher things! I moved back to Dallas at the end of May {Memorial Weekend to be exact}, and after taking 2 trips to gather my classroom and household items ... because I was given the wrong sized moving truck - I was able to enjoy about a week and a half off before starting work at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children for the summer. When I was in middle school, I was a junior volunteer {candy stripper} and in high school, I was a Human Resources summer intern. It's definitely one of the best places to be! Teachers, take your kids here on a field trip! Get a tour of the hospital, have a picnic outside and play in Alan Shivers Park, get some of the best popcorn you've ever had, make a day out of it!

Image result for tsrhc



Anywho, today I got an exciting update! I have been anxiously waiting to hear the subject that I will be teaching this upcoming school year and am pleased {and EXCITED} to announce that I will be teaching 3rd grade Math and Science this year in the district I grew up in! This is going to be a BIG jump from what I am used to, but I can't wait to dive in! If you have any tips or tricks, let me know! I'm a problem solver by nature, but boy is it always nice to hear other ideas!

I'd love to hear about your crazy summer! Drop a comment below and let me know how it went!


Happy in-service{sorta}!

No comments:

Post a Comment