Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Zucchini and Squash Chips!

Soooo remember how I said I had some produce I needed to get rid of? Yeah, I still have a LOT to get rid of. So for one of my Super Bowl Sunday snacks, I made zucchini and squash chips! I usually toss my zucchini and squash in some Weber's and olive oil and roast it because I can never get the breading to stick on them, but this time it worked really well.




Ingredients: 
1 Zucchini
1 Yellow Squash
Bread Crumbs
Weber's Roasted Garlic Seasoning
Salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
Parmesan Cheese
Milk (for dipping)


I like to use a mix of zucchini and squash any time I cook them. I think it's a color thing with me! Any who, chop of the ends, the use a mandolin (mine was at school from a cooking day ... so sad) or cut them into thin slices.





Next it's time for bread crumbs! I like to make my own breadcrumbs. That way, I can season them however I like and not have just one type. And I never pass up the chance to use my Ninja chopper! It saves me so much time! For these breadcrumbs I put some Weber's Roasted Garlic Seasoning (my mom introduced me to this and I use it on so many things!), shredded Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and cayenne for a little kick. I used 3 sliced of whole wheat bread for these, too. A little bread goes a long way. I still have a good amount left over.


Put everything in a chopper/blender/food processor and give it a few pulses. Done in a few seconds!


Next, take the slices of zucchini and squash and dip them in the milk. Once they're coated, toss them in the breadcrumbs. 


You could do a lot at once and just toss them all in a gallon sized bag, but I like mine super coated so I did just a few at a time.


Place them on a cookie sheet and pop them in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes on 425. I like mine crunchy so they were in there for a little over 20 minutes.


ENJOY! They were soooo good. I ate half of them in one sitting without even thinking about it. This may be a meal a few times a week. At least it's a vegetable, right?

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment