Monday, March 13, 2017

Apple Pie Parfait

I can't even remember what I was looking up when I came across this little gem from Claire at A little Clairefication. It looked so. GOOD! So I thought I'd give it a whirl. And I'm glad I did. This was definitely an easy dessert that was satisfying. As someone who loves apple pie, this is the prefect dessert year-round.





Right before I layered it all together, I decided to make a last minute change, so one of the ingredients will differ. Here's what you'll need:

baking apples (I used Pink Ladies), butter, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, caramel yogurt, graham crackers or honey almond granola, an whipped cream (if you want)

Doesn't my mother's counter top look so much prettier than mine?!? The answer is yes. Yes it does.


I started off by peeling and cutting the Pink Ladies into small chunks. I used 2 apples for this recipe so we could have some left over for later.

While I was cutting the apples, I placed 6 tablespoons of butter in a sauce pan to melt. Once melted, I added the apples, cinnamon, brown sugar and just a dash of nutmeg. 





While the apples are cooking, it's important to make sure to keep stirring the apples in the pan so they don't stick or become sticky in the butter and sugar.


They looked so good when they were ready to be taken off of the heat! I may have stolen a few pieces from the pan while they were cooling off. 😄

While the apples were cooling on an off burner, I started layering the glasses we chose for dessert, which were martini glasses! First, I added a teaspoon of caramel yogurt in the bottom of the glass followed by 2 teaspoons of granola, then 2 teaspoons of apples. I was able to fit 2 layers in the glass, then topped it off with a dollop (2 teaspoons in my case) of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.




This may be one of my new favorite desserts to eat! And can you imagine what cute little gifts they would make in canning jars!? When I get a decent sized kitchen, we're gonna be in trouble, people!





Click the buttons below to download and print this recipe! {The downloaded file contains the full page and 4x6 color and B&W recipe files}



Looking for more recipes? Check out some of my other posts of snacks, appetizers and meals!






No comments:

Post a Comment