Friday, January 1, 2016

Currently January

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great winter holiday! I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy! 4th Grade again this month for Currently January.




Listening:
This is a sports household (when I'm back visiting family, I mean)! Soooooo, the t.v. is either on a game or CNN. I think I've had my football fill for the year ... well last year. My Red Raiders didn't win so I've over football until next season!
Thinking:
Recently my hometown of Rowlett, TX was hit with a pretty powerful tornado that left thousands of homes damaged. The number seems to get higher every day. My family's houses were not hit and THANKFULLY no one in Rowlett died! The town has come together in ways that astound me daily. I'm trying to update as I can with news and links for donations on my blog. 



Wanting:
My wanting goes along with my thinking. We were fortunate enough to not get hit but others weren't. My mother and I were able to donate some things and our time to helping those in need and I have uploaded some things on TpT to raise money, but I still wish there was more I could do (especially since I'll be headed back home tomorrow). Any ideas or suggestions??

One little word: BLESSED!
I don't think I have to explain this one ...
I hope everyone has had a great start to their year and it continues on a great path!
Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your hometown, but glad everyone is okay! It sounds like you are doing all you can! I'm sure you just being there will be greatly appreciated!

    ~Traci
    The Bender Bunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were SUPER fortunate that everyone was ok! I think things are looking up. The whole town has come together which is awesome!

      Delete
  2. Hi there! So glad I stopped by! I will keep your hometown in my prayers. I'm glad your family is okay. Happy New Year!

    The Teaching Twosome



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means a lot! Hope you're year is off to a great start!

      Delete
  3. SO sorry to hear about your hometown. My father in law is in TN and they had some terrible tornadoes go through his town as well. It is so scary! I hope you get the rest you need!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather at the end of December/beginning of January was CRAZY! Tornadoes, blizzards, floods! Let's hope it dies down for a bit.

      Delete