Sunday, November 15, 2015

Class Dojo

Image result for class dojo

I have recently entered the world of Class Dojo and I must say, I'm loving it! I'm not using it where parents can see how their child is doing, but more as a behavior tool for in the classroom. Each morning, we set a goal as a class for what we want our positive percentage to be by the end of the day. We usually aim for 75 - 80% as a class.




We almost made it our first day! But, we had a lot of kiddos off task that day. It's nice to be able to go in and make notes of exact behaviors, too. I'm not going to lie, by the end of the day I can't remember why everyone's clip was moved, ESPECIALLY if it was a long day! Sooo, this has also helped with daily folders in my room.


We set up our positive and negative behaviors as a class, too. So when they get a ding in either category and we talk about why, they know exactly what it was for.

I'm thinking I may ask the rotation teachers in our building if they want access to my class so they can add specific behaviors if it is needed. It is something that could come in handy if I'm not aware of something that happens in their room and have a parent asking.

As for now, the kids like seeing their status throughout the day and seeing how the class is doing as a whole. It's motivated them to get to their positive percentage higher each day! I'm lovin me some Class Dojo!

Happy teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment