Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Mini Chart Stands!

Arguing over my teacher example happens every single time! Someone needs to see it up close, or isn't able to tell what to do when it's upside down, they just want it closer to them. Whatever the reason, it happens constantly! To help with the issue, I whipped up some mini chart stands.

For each activity we do, I have examples that I make for the kids that I hang on an elastic rope above one of the tables so they can see what it looks like. The only problem is that the kids are constantly craning their necks to get a look at what they are supposed to be doing. If I just place the example on the table, they fight about who gets to look at it first and who it stays next to on the table and so on and so forth.

So you can imagine my excitement when I came across ...


... this adorable mini anchor chart stand from Stephanie at Falling Into First! I tweaked mine just a little from the way she did hers, but it's practically the same thing.

Materials:
PVC Pipe (10ft cut to 10 in.)
2 slip elbows per chart stand
2 side outlet slip elbows per chart stand

I bought my PVC pipe from Lowe's and they cut it for me to the size I needed. I also bought my elbow in a pack of 10 and it was much cheaper than buy 10 elbows separately.


The first thing I did was spray paint all of my PVC pipe black. I know it's kind of hard to see in this picture with the black trash bag underneath.

Then, I fit the pipes together by placing a PVC pipe on the end of each elbow and making a "u" shape. Or "n" shape depending on how you're holding it. :) The pipe that was open on the bottom went into the side outlets so they could act as feet to hold the chart stand. Once that was finished I make a polka dot pattern with some neon dot stickers I got at Target.


I made 5 chart stands so I got 2 of the 300 pack of stickers. I used the entire first pack and a few sheets from the second pack.















Ignore the date, it was the only piece of scrap paper I could find. :)


A coat of mod-podge to keep the stickers from coming off and they'll be finished! I can't wait to use them this year!
.
Happy crafting!

1 comment: